Friday 10 December 2010

tis the season to eat (a lot!)

we've been getting in some practice for all the christmas eating we will be doing soon, first up 'millionaires shortbread' these were amazing, although having never made them before i couldn't quite believe how much butter & sugar went into making them! so maybe not something i'll be making too often


i had forgotten how many christmas gifts you get working at a pre-school / nursery, mostly these are tins or boxes of well known chocolates, but one mum had gone to the effort of making each & everyone of the staff (that's nine in total!) a box of 6 cupcakes, each cake a different flavour & was beautifully decorated, 


(almost) too pretty to eat


& keeping up with my in-laws family traditions, my husband made some Piragi


which didn't last long either

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm,baking is one of the best parts of Christmas, and millionaires shortbread is my absolute fave! We've been busy too, if you fancy popping by to see...
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm....caramel shortbread!

    Have a fabulous festive weekend,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Kelly. By the way, I hope that you don't mind, but I've added a link to you in our 'blogs that we love' section, it's always such a pleasure to read your blog and see all the lovely things you make. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks scrummy and very tempting indeed xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. |I take it they are Latvian then? Shortbread looks gorgeous, but you can see the calories! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me feel very hungry! I must do some baking I haven't in weeks.
    Those cup cakes do look gorgeous, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete