Tuesday 27 July 2010

another one for the little folks

undeterred by my last sewing for little O, i got straight on with it & made her something else, using the same pattern again, only making it a little smaller this time, i cut into the anna maria horner 'little folks' voile fabric i had brought from here a while ago, i had been really keen to get some of this fabric as everyone had been raving about how lovely it is, 

i admit to not being wowed immediately, but once finished i can see why everyone loves the voiles so


the finished top has such a lovely feel & drape to it & as i didn't line this one it sewed up in no time, i only had half a metre of the fabric so i made it as long as i could, so it's not quite a dress, but will look cute with a pair of leggings underneath, & should fit as a top for next summer!


& did you notice the cute little hanger? 


that was another really quick project, just to cover a small wooden hanger, 



i followed dotty angels happy hanger tutorial, just changing it slightly to make it fit my hanger, & as i couldn't decide what colour to use i made one side blue & one side pink, using some of my rowan handknit cotton yarn.

3 comments:

  1. Love the top. I haven't yet cut into my voile but are hoping to make #3 some clothes out of it, maybe even myself. I'd love a top like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top, but the hangers even more! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the top and hanger is lovely. I have yet to find some wooden hangers without a bottom slacks rail on them. I suppose I could cover that somehow as well but would really like the simpler ones to cover and use for blouses.

    The top would look really cute on my 9 year old..I will have to look around for a good bigger girl pattern and try one out.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete