Thursday 17 September 2009

broken promises

i should have known when i went along to my local knit & natter group without the brompton, i would find it hard to stay true to my promise, i had gone along with the intention of taking my cosy neck wrap to show to someone i had been nattering about it too, well unfortunately for the brompton, my lovely local wool shop had got lots of lovely new yarn in, so much lovely new yarn,

i was tempted & it didn't take long for me to succumb, (what can i say, i have a weakness) i also blame the weather, which was cold & rainy that day, only adding to my yearning to be snuggled up knitting a new wintry project, so what made it home with me?
after lots of thought i settled on some Rowan Colourscape Chunky, i also found it hard to choose which colourway, once i'd found a project, but 'storm' it was, again maybe something to do with the weather that day.
i've wasted no time in getting started, & it's knitting up quick, so i'm very much liking it so far, unfortunately i have two poorly munchkins at home with me today, which have rather hampered my progress for now! but i'm looking forward to the weekend.oh & my sister did love her lavender sachets, thank you for the sweet comments x

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours, I have added you to my friends at Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you use - thank you for a fab post

    ReplyDelete