Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sun

Have had a lovely few quite days at home, trying to get on with a little knitting, even though little O has been doing her best to prevent it from progressing too far! (i think she must have been a cat in a past life)

and despite both small people going down with colds i have found some time to do more baking- bakewell slices - yum.



I did however manage to complete one of the projects on my needles (thanks mostly to the small boy consistently asking me when it would be finished. Meet Sun -


Sun is a snake, Sun is mug's friend (mug is a boy ladybird). Mug and Sun are big G's friends, they spend most of the day asleep in G's socks (along with the fox up his jumper and the rabbit in his hair - but let's not start on them now) Mug and Sun have the odd adventure together. Of course I've never actually seen Mug & Sun, but i play along as i don't have a problem with friends of the imaginary kind. However I'm not sure i should be indulging them to the extent of making knitted versions? but when he asks his mum to knit him a Sun the snake and he shows enthusiasm for picking the wool and telling me in detail how the stripes should be - how could i not get swept along with the whole thing? and he is now one happy little boy. (i just need to find a pattern for a ladybird now - any ideas?)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    You are so good at knitting and baking to!
    I love the snake!
    And I can see that I`m not the only one who likes it to!
    The snake is nearly as adorable as your little boy!
    Lol
    Debbie Moss
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Love the knitted snake. Great colours.
    I have never seen a pattern for a knitted lady bird.
    I hope you find one, it would be cute.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the link to the craft fair, will have a good look later :) Love the hat you made your daughter, things like that make me wish I could knit!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete